Monday, July 9, 2012

Post accident

For those who don't know, July 2nd 2011 I dove into a pool and shattered the c-5 vertebrae (my neck). I had friends pull me out of the water (carefully) After surgery, I had paralyzed my entire right side. I spent almost 3 months in inpatient rehab in Lincoln, Nebraska at Madonna where I patiently waited for my muscles to move again (took over 3 weeks to get my leg on bed by myself, 3 months before my right hand's fingers moved again.) I still suffer from "drop-foot" and limited movement in my right hand. I have bursitis in my hip from asymmetrical hips with the right one having a bone deformity which was a condition that shouldn't have impeded my life until way way later but due to my circum-gate and spasticity, it was accelerated. I refuse to let my injury leave me a victim of circumstance, although I will admit the drugs get me at times.. but all the artwork on this post is post-injury, I think I did alright for a "handicap" :D


First watercolors painting & 2nd painting since accident

apples in watercolor 

my watercolors multicolor car

rightside of Sirius project

left side of watercolors Sirius project

watercolors landscape almost done

watercolors apples (w/ references)

watercolor lanscape
side view of my neck (note plate & 4 screws)

frontal view of my neck

I think I pulled off a neckbrace well :)

check out my bedazzled neck brace!!

the amazing machine that helped make my hand move again! (BIO-NESS)

cupcakes I made in inpatient rehab for a therapist

No comments:

Post a Comment